We are regularly asked to film events and produce a video documenting the activities. This could range from an awards ceremony to a small seminar to a huge 3-day corporate conference. Documenting an event through video is an excellent way of maximising content and taking full potential of the hard work put into the production of an event.
There are a variety of events that benefit from being captured by video: award ceremonies, product launches, company announcements, conferences, corporate networking, sales training, award ceremonies, workshops and seminars.
reasons for documenting your event through video:
- Increase your reach – Some people may not have been able to attend the event. A video enables them to feel as though they did not completely miss out.
- Added value – The video may include information from the event that one would only receive from actually being there (i.e., through a presentation or speech.) Being partial to information being delivered to a specific audience adds value to the experience. Footage could be accessed through downloadable links.
- Document and create event longevity – Video permanently documents information contained in a speech or presentation. This can be accessed at a later date or re-purposed into another format like an article or press release.
- Showcase your work – It provides a means of showcasing an event, capturing the atmosphere and highlighting the work of a team.
- Promotional tool – Video is an effective promotional tool. It can be used to advertise the next event and encourage participation or ticket sales.
- Publicity tool – A video can be distributed to the media which will add excitement to the standard press release.
- Easily shared – Video is quick to share with others and easily accessible. It can be sent to a wider audience by embedding it in an email, through a digital newsletter or on social media platforms.
- Training tool – Document the knowledge of participants and share with others that could not attend. It could also be package into an online video tool to be accessed internally by staff. This is also a cost-effective way of distributing information as personal attendance is not required. This is particularly useful for a nationwide or global company.